This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

You know that one friend you have who’s always up to date on all of the coolest trends – the one who was drinking oat milk lattes before they were cool, jets off to yoga retreats in Bali, and lives in a gorgeous studio in Williamsburg. Well, she’s basically the human form of Amika – in the hair world, at least! If you’re new to Amika, allow me to introduce you. 

Amika was founded in 2007 right out of Williamsburg, Brooklyn and they refer to themselves as “the antithesis of a typical beauty brand”. Their mission is all about inclusion and positivity; they don’t believe in a one size fits all beauty ideal, but rather that beauty comes in all different shapes and sizes. Another plus: Amika has never conducted testing on animals and never will. Not only is Amika’s packaging a work of art on its own, the products inside all contain the superfruit Sea Buckthorn Berry (and an amazing scent). As a longtime Amika devotee, I’ve compiled a list of my all time favorite Amika products (it kind of felt like picking a favorite child, TBH) so you can jumpstart your Amika addiction collection.

Perk Up Dry Shampoo

Perk Up Dry Shampoo, Amika, $25, shop now

As a dry shampoo addict, I can confidently call this one my favorite. It leaves my second (and third and fourth) day hair feeling clean and smelling amazing. Plus, it doesn’t leave behind that white residue that so many dry shampoos do. 

Polished Perfection Straightening Brush

Polished Perfection Straightening Brush, Amika, $96, shop now

This brush is my new favorite hot tool. It is essentially the lovechild of your favorite hairbrush and a straightener. I use mine to smooth out my wavy strands in under 15 minutes – an otherwise unheard of speed with a normal flat iron.

001 Hair Fragrance

001 Hair Fragrance, Amika, $30, shop now

One of my favorite things about Amika products is their addicting scent. Luckily, you can purchase this hair perfume that perfectly captures the blend of warm vanilla and citrus with a hint of spice.

Soulfood Nourishing Mask

Soulfood Nourishing Mask, Amika, $28, shop now

When my hair is in need of some love I reach for this deep conditioning and replenishing mask. It’s loaded with jojoba seed oil to strengthen hair and vitamin C for an antioxidant boost. 

The Wizard Detangling Primer

The Wizard Detangling Primer, Amika, $25, shop now

Like the name suggests, The Wizard works magic on my hair. I spray it on my damp strands post-shower to detangle, protect against heat damage, and cut down on drying time. Need I say more?

Fluxus Touchable Hairspray

Fluxus Touchable Hairspray, Amika, $25, shop now

I am something of a hairspray addict. I am always on the hunt for a spray that holds my curls in place without leaving a sticky, crunchy residue. Enter: Fluxus. This hairspray provides just enough hold without making my hair look or feel like it’s loaded with products. 

From yummy smells to gorgeous packaging galore, Amika always goes above and beyond to make sure every little detail of their products is perfect. Clear a space in your beauty arsenal, you’re going to need it once you discover the magic of Amika. 

Follow Carli on Instagram. 

Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.