Ladies and Gentlemen, Harry Styles Has Done It Again!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

After almost a year and a half since the end of his first solo tour, Harry Styles is back! If you haven’t heard already, Harry Styles, former curly-haired member of One Direction, is coming out with his sophomore album on December 13th called “Fine Line.”

On October 5th, Harry simply tweeted two letters. This sent all his fans into a world wind of emotions. What could this possibly mean? Why did he tweet just one word after so much time? What is happening?!

Do

— Harry Styles. (@Harry_Styles) October 5, 2019

And that one tweet exemplifies Harry’s style, especially when it comes to promotion. He likes to remain ambiguous and surprise his fans. He does very little promotion before he releases anything, leaving us all guessing what day it’s going to be on or even what it is exactly that he is promoting. A few days later, posters with the slogan, “DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE?” debuted all over the world. Fans were quick to discover they were from Harry because his catch phrase, “TPWK,” which means Treat People With Kindness, as well as his record company were also on the posters. I took this picture on my walk home in New York!

After FINALLY releasing his first single “Lights Up” on October 11th, Harry decided to finally do some promo. He was the host and musical guest on Saturday Night Live on November 16th. “Double Duty” is no easy feat and he did it with ease and charisma. While doing so, he also rocked a black sequin jumpsuit and pink and blue painted nails.

A post shared by @harrystyles on Nov 17, 2019 at 5:54am PST

There are not many male artists in the music industry that are not afraid to showcase their femininity and be so vulnerable and honest with their fans. I can’t wait for his album to come out and to see his career flourish because I believe his electric personality and mesmerizing music are something truly unique.

I’m a senior at the Fashion Institute of Technology majoring in Advertising and Marketing Communications with double minors in Psychology and Film & Media Studies! I'm a coffee addict, makeup fanatic and a true Long Islander! If I’m not in class, I’m usually watching movies as I dream of working in the film industry!