This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Let’s admit it. We all have a music superiority complex. There truly is no better feeling than watching someone you like get big and being able to say, “I’ve been following them since they’re first song”. No one wants to admit that they’re a gatekeeper but we all are.

If you’re on the hunt for the next person to gatekeep before they blow up, meet Julia Logue. The Portland-based singer-songwriter Julia Logue will be releasing her debut album, Welcome to Your Sunrise, on December 29, with the title track out now.

Full of soulful vocals, Logue’s debut album is a dreamy compilation of smooth R&B tracks, reminiscent of artists like Ella Mai and Yebba. Logue’s powerful vocals are balanced by layered instrumentals to create a hazy and soulful sound that intoxicates the listener.

Logue writes her music on a guitar and works with other musicians to transform it into the neo soul tracks that are on the album. “My process usually starts with my electric or nylon string guitar and some jumbled lyrics,” she told Unclear Magazine in an interview about her single, Back of the Party

“I work through questions of my self-doubt, my place in the world, my connection to others, and ultimately how to trust my higher  self,” she shared on the content of the album. “Each song is an intimate sonic reflection of my journey with these concepts.” 

The single will also have an animated music video accompanying the release. 

Check out Logue’s current discography here and be sure to listen to the single and the album, out on December 29. 

Follow Julia Logue here!

Jools is a senior at FIT majoring in Advertising and Marketing Communications with a minor in writing. She is the President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at FIT.