Culture > News

I tried all of Starbuck’s holiday specials, here’s what’s actually worth your money

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

On November 2nd Starbucks launched what we’ve all been waiting for, their winter menu. Full of delicious specials and cozy seasonal drinks, Starbucks is known for its limited holiday menu. Everyone knows that Starbucks is a college student’s kryptonite because it’s definitely not cheap and it especially doesn’t help that it’s so delicious and convenient to find. Since the menu was introduced, I decided to try all the new features so you won’t have to. Here are the top items on the new menu that are actually worth your money.

• Caramel Brûlée Latte

A combination of expresso, steamed milk, and caramel brûlée sauce, the caramel brûlée latte is the perfect fall beverage to cozy up with. This drink is smooth, luscious, and especially perfect for people with a sweet tooth. Of all the new drinks I’ve tried, this is by far my favorite. It has the perfect caramel-to-expresso ratio and is topped with whipped cream and the caramel brûlée topping that makes it even more delicious.

• Iced Gingerbread Oatmilk Chai

With a spiced chai tea blend mixed with gingerbread syrup and oat milk, this drink is addictively genius. Personally, I love Chai and Starbucks Chai oat milk lattes are amazing in themselves, but pairing it with gingerbread syrup and vanilla cold foam makes it even better, and worth the buy if you’re looking for a yummy new drink to try.

• Gingerbread Loaf

Starbucks really knows what they’re doing when it comes to their loaves. I’m a big fan of the banana and pumpkin bread, however, I think the gingerbread loaves are superior to both. This delicious baked good is spiced with ginger and cinnamon and has vanilla orange cream cheese icing. I was surprised with how much I like it since I hate oranges, but the citrusy topping goes very well with the moist, gingery taste of the bread. I don’t know how to put it other than that this pastry definitely tastes Christmas.

• Snowman Cookie

If you’re a fan of the Pillsbury sugar cookies, you’ll absolutely love the Starbucks snowman cookie. With a shortbread base, white chocolate icing, and decorative ear muffs and scarf, this cookie is both adorable and tasty. The white chocolate icing is addictive and so far this week I’ve already eaten 3!

Hi! I'm Ella and I'm an AMC major at FIT. Some of my favorite things to do include writing, film, makeup, traveling, and going to concerts.