Annovera Hero Image R1 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Annovera Hero Image R1 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

How Vaseline is Using Art to Achieve Skin Health Equality

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

When you think of Vaseline, art may not be the first thing that comes to mind. Instead, the brand is associated with their products: lotions and lip balms to keep skin hydrated. But now, the company is taking their initiative of healthy skin beyond their formulas.

In 2022, Vaseline launched See My Skin, a partnership with HUED and VisualDx to provide resources on skin conditions to people of color. Now, they are bringing this mission to life with Mended Murals.

Through this initiative, Vaseline is restoring artwork in multiple cities around the United States to bring awareness to the importance of skin maintenance and health for people of color. With artist collaborations throughout the country, Mended Murals has current commitments to work with artists in Baltimore, Brooklyn, and Hartford. In addition to the restorations, the company is donating $250,000 to local health clinics. 

CMO of Unilever Beauty and Wellbeing, North America, Kathleen Dunlop, shared that “Mended Murals is a continuation of Vaseline’s long-standing commitment to enable 15 million people of color to access more equitable skin health care by 2025.” 

This past Saturday, March 9, 2024, Vaseline hosted a panel with Black Future House in Austin, Texas to speak further about the importance of this campaign and access to skin health care for everyone.

Vaseline is asking people to submit their own city’s murals in need of restoration. Visit the Mended Murals Website to nominate your community.

View the campaign video here.

To stay up to date, follow Vaseline

Jools is a senior at FIT majoring in Advertising and Marketing Communications with a minor in writing. She is the President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at FIT.