Style > Beauty

How to Brighten Up Your Tired Eyes Before Your Morning Class

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

We’ve all been there—staying up way too late before an 8 a.m. class, then frantically trying to make yourself look like you got a full 8-hour snooze in before heading to class. I swear sometimes the bags under my eyes take up half of my face! Luckily for you, I have a few secret tricks you can use next time you’re trying to brighten your eyes before class.

Step 1: Remove any excess eye makeup

No matter how much makeup you thought you got off last night, sometimes we wake up with traces of yesterday’s mascara still visible. Start your routine by applying some Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover on a cotton ball and wipe away excess eye makeup. It will take off any remaining makeup—even waterproof—without tugging at the sensitive skin around your eyes. It’s gentle enough to use even if you have sensitive skin or wear contacts.

Step 2: Cold spoon

It may sound crazy, but popping a spoon in the freezer the night before and then holding it on your eyes in the morning is game-changing. The cold from the spoon settles puffy eyes and feels amazing. It’s like a mini spa day in your dorm!

Step 3: Lash love

Mascara is my go-to to wake up tired eyes. There’s something about layering on a few coats that makes me feel like a new woman. My current favorite is the Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara. Not only is it water-resistant, but it’s formulated with vitamin E and Mary Kay’s Panthenol-Pro Complex™ to moisturize and condition your lashes—i.e. no more lashes falling out. Apply this mascara for feathery soft lashes that will have you looking your best all day.

You can get the Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover and Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara for yourself on MaryKay.com, where you can connect with a local Independent Beauty Consultant!

Not only will Mary Kay brighten your eyes, it can also boost your resume! The Mary Kay career opportunity provides women with what they need to succeed in their own independent businesses, including: high-quality, on-trend products; powerful business tools, education and resources; motivation and rewards; and inspirational networking and support. Learn more by visiting their website

Mornings are hard, but with this guide, they’ll be much easier. I can’t promise that waking up at 7 a.m. will be a breeze, but you’ll look like it was!

Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.