Career

Everything You Need to Know To Become Successful on Poshmark

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

As a college student, I’m always searching for quick ways to make money. Poshmark is one of the easiest ways to do so. I have been using it since my freshman year in college and have had great luck, and now I’m here to share some tips to help you have the same success!

1. Be Very Specific

When you create a listing, make sure to include all details. But most importantly, do not lie! Be sure to incorporate details such as the exact color(s), size, how it fits, the condition of the product or if it is new with tags, and include high-quality images.

2. Price Drop Your Items

When you first list an item, put it at the highest price you would be willing to sell it for. As time goes on, gradually decrease the price to something more reasonable. Therefore, when someone clicks on the listing, it will show people the exact percentage you decreased it from. The trick is to make the customer think they are getting a good deal.

3. Be Willing To Negotiate

Often when a customer likes an item, they will negotiate the price with the seller. This may make you nervous at first, but do not automatically deny the offer, be willing to compromise! You don’t always have to sell the item at the lowest price they offer. The best way to do this is to counteroffer, that way both parties can agree on a price somewhere in the middle.

4. Join Posh Parties

This is the most important tip of all! Every day at set times, Poshmark members throw “Posh Parties”. These parties take place at specific times each day. Personally, I join the 9 PM ones every night as they work best with my schedule. Each party has a theme, for example, “Best in purses” or “Fall Wardrobe Essentials”. Some are very specific and only allow certain brands and categories of merchandise, and others allow everything. When the party starts, go to your profile and click the share listing button. Instead of clicking share to followers, you will see the name of the posh party pop up and then choose that instead! This allows other people to gain exposure to your products other than your followers. This is how you will make the majority of your sales!

Alexis Kalil is a senior at the Fashion Institute of Technology studying Fashion Business Management and English. In her free time, she enjoys thrifting, photography, watching Netflix, and traveling.