A Definitive Ranking of the Trader Joe’s New Fall Items

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

I am an avid Trader Joe’s shopper, and an avid fan of autumn and everything pumpkin spice. The first day of autumn is technically September 22nd, but I love to start the season early, and luckily so does Trader Joe’s. The grocery store is known for having seasonal items that are only in stores for a limited time, so get your pumpkin spice products before they’re gone.

Here is my Trader Joe’s fall haul ranked:

6) Fall Leaf Tortilla Chips

In last place are the Fall Leaf Tortilla Chips, because while they are adorable, they were just regular tasting, everyday corn chips. I do love the fall leaf shapes and colors, but how can a corn chip compare to all the pumpkin spice-ness of the rest of the products?!

5) Pumpkin Pie Spice

This pumpkin pie spice is definitely an autumn staple, and is perfect to add to your coffee and, of course, to make pumpkin pie with. The reason it is ranked second to last is because it is not exclusive to Trader Joe’s, and you can really buy any brand and get the same results.

4) Fall Harvest Salsa

This salsa has a mix of pumpkin, butternut squash, and apples, and was so yummy! It’s mild, so if you are not big on spice, this would definitely be a good salsa for you. Pair with their Pumpkin Tortilla Chips for a fabulous pumpkin experience.

3) Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix

This baking mix is so delicious and you seriously cannot tell that it is gluten free. It’s perfect if you want a quick and simple way to make pumpkin bread, however homemade is obviously still better.

2) Pumpkin Tortilla Chips

I am obsessed with these chips. Not only do they taste like pumpkin, but they also have cinnamon and nutmeg. 10/10. They are honestly heavenly and taste good plain or with their salsa. 

1) Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Bagels

Coming in first place in my ranking are the Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Bagels. I am honestly so impressed with these, because I don’t know if you have ever had a regular gluten free bagel, but they are normally DRY. However, these bagels are so soft, chewy and delicious! There is pumpkin puree in them, and I think that is what softened them up to make them such a good texture. They have a tasty and subtle pumpkin spice flavor. When I was checking out at the store, the cashier said that he loved these bagels and that he couldn’t even tell that they were gluten free, and I was like, “This man is straight up lying to me; gluten free bagels are never that good.” So, in the end he was clearly not lying to me (they really are that good), and I would like to apologize to the Trader Joe’s cashier for doubting him.

FIT NYC 22 Advertising Marketing Communications Ethics & Sustainability
Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.