Back-to-Campus Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

With another school year in full swing, the Fashion Institute of Technology campus is already bustling with fantastic student style. So what are the latest and greatest items this fall? Take a peek below to see what back-to-campus fashions are filling up our classrooms.

The Pintuck Tank | Topshop
Mixing menswear details with feminine fabric, this button-up tank will be a go-to blouse this fall. Pair it with a slim-fit blazer and pleated skirt for ideal office attire or handkerchief print pants and comfy flats for Saturday morning coffee with friends. As style-conscious college ladies, we love items that work for all occasions!

The Luxe Leather Skirt | DKNY
Leather minis get a luxe makeover with this season’s jewel-tone color palette. Rich burgundy and green hues give a sophisticated touch to the edgy item. Coming in a range of silhouettes from flared to pencil skirts, this versatile skirt is the perfect back-to-campus item.

The Peplum Top | Topshop
With peplums taking over recent runway shows, they are also bound to take over FIT’s campus this fall. While skirts and dresses are a fun take on the trend, the peplum top – an easy item to mix-and-match – is ideal for a busy schedule of interning, attending class and going out on weekends.

The Two-toned Jacket | Theory
Putting a subtle twist on the traditional blazer, the two-toned jacket features contrasting sleeves for some added color. The look can be achieved with color-blocked sleeves or by using a new material such as leather or suede for a sleeve that stands out.

The Dot Sweater | J.Crew
Dots are everywhere this season from Louis Vouitton’s latest collaboration to J.Crew’s Fall look book. Sport the whimsical print in a more conservative manner with a basic crew neck cashmere sweater.

The Jewel-toned Jean | All Saints
Rich and sophisticated, fall’s jewel-toned colors are taking over denim – creating a dressy meets casual item. Coming in a range of colors including deep navy, bottle green and bordeaux, these jeans have ideal day-to-night potential for the busy student who doesn’t have time for hourly outfit changes.

The Rose Gold Watch | Marc by Marc Jacobs
Add a feminine twist to your wrist with a menswear-inspired rose gold watch. Arm-party-ready this watch stands strong on it’s own but is also perfect for a wrist full of bangles. Pair it with your summertime friendship bracelets or sleek lucite cuffs for a fun-filled arm.

The Wedge Sneaks | Steve Madden
For some added height to your casual look, throw on the season’s favorite wedge sneaks. Ideal for color-blocking and material mixing, these flashy sneakers feature a mix of metallic leathers, soft suedes and funky colors.

The Carryall Backpack | Vans
Running from class to class can be difficult, but with a practical yet stylish tote – your problems are solved. Luxe leather details add a fashion-student-spin to the utilitarian backpack, while buckle closures and zipped pockets keep it practical.

The Multi-metal Bangles | Alexis Bittar
With rose gold being a new favorite among metal finishes, be sure to add in your silver and gold bracelets from season’s past. Metal mixing is a-okay when done correctly!

The Calf Hair Slipper | GAP
A little fur goes a long way with the calf hair slipper. Comfy and practical, these flats will be your best friend while you rock your 9:00 to 6:00 internship. You have to love the added polka dots as well!

Shaye is a rising junior at the Fashion Institute of Technology, where she is pursuing a degree in Advertising and Marketing Communications. As an aspiring magazine editor she is doing everything and anything to learn as much as she can. After moving away from her hometown in Michigan she has fallen head over heels for a place that she never imagined being able to call home. She just wrapped up an internship at Seventeen in their features department, where she was able to sit next to several Her Campus advocates, and is so excited to finally be joining this team! She is in love with 11:11 wishes, iced coffee, and strolls in any park. You can follow her on twitter under the handle @clishaye where she is constantly tweeting about the fact that she still can’t believe that she is living her dreams!