6 Instagram-Worthy Restaurants and Cafés in New York City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

New York City is famous for many things – music, movies, landmarks, etc. – but my personal favorite part about living in the city is the food. New York is in no short supply of amazing restaurants where you can find fantastic food and maybe even snap a cute Instagram photo while you’re there. Below, I’ve curated a list of my favorite restaurant in the city where the food is just as pretty as it is delicious:

Old Rose – 113 Jane Street

Located right next to the Hudson River in The Jane Hotel, Old Rose is one of my favorite brunch places in New York City.  The high ceilings, large windows and muted colors will definitely make for a pretty backdrop on your Instagram feed!

Maman – Multiple Locations

This café has turned into my friend group’s version of the Central Perk.  Not only is it affordable, but the lavender hot chocolate changed my life. There are locations all over the city including Soho, Tribeca, Nomad, Meatpacking District, and Hudson.

Coffee ‘n Clothes – 11 Bond Street

Whoever thought to combine fashion and coffee is my hero.  At Coffee ‘n Clothes, which recently opened in March, you can choose from a menu of designer logos to have stenciled onto your beverage.  Need I say more? Do yourself a favor and check it out.

P.S. Kitchen – 246 West 48th Street

First of all, the waffles here are to die for.  Second of all, everything on the menu is vegan.  Third of all, the restaurant is small, cute, cozy and photographs very well.  As if that wasn’t enough, 100% of the proceedsare donated to charity, so you get to eat amazing food in a cozy environment and support a great cause.

LRoom Café – : 41 West 14th Street

This chic, girly café located near The New School serves some of the most photogenic foods and beverages in the city including glitter lattes, smoothies, and egg waffles that look like gardens.  Everything looks way too pretty to eat – but tastes amazing when you do!

RH Rooftop Restaurant – 9 9th Avenue

This is definitely the best restaurant to go to on a sunny day.  The large windows let in lots of sunlight and give you a perfect view of the New York skyline and the Freedom Tower. There is a chandelier at the top of every table and pretty plants everywhere. My friend and I came to an agreement that their chai latte was the best we have ever had.

The next time you don’t know where to eat, check out one of these locations for amazing food – and an amazing Instagram backdrop. Brunch anyone?

Lindsey is studying Fashion Business Management at the Fashion Institute of Technology. Her hobbies include spying on cute dogs, finding new ice cream places, and shopping. Follow her Instagram @lindseylabarbera
Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.