5 Ways to Treat Yourself This Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Valentine’s Day is celebrated all around the world by showing others how much we love them. I don’t know about you, but this V-Day, I’m also going to spend some time practicing self-love – and you should too! From doing a face mask to buying yourself that new outfit you’ve been eyeing, use the holiday as an excuse to make yourself feel special. Whether you’re in a relationship or not, everyone deserves to feel the love this February 14th.

1. Face Masks FTW

A post shared by Lush Cosmetics North America (@lushcosmetics) on

As a face mask addict, I love nothing more than a chill night in with a face mask, a bubble bath, and some candles. My personal favorites are Bliss Mint Chip Mania (Target, $13) and Lush Mask of Magnaminty (Lush, $15). Make it a full on spa night in with your besties and paint your nails and lounge around in comfy pajamas. 

2. Treat Yourself to Amazing Hair

A post shared by amika (@amika) on

Get hair as perfect as Lara Jean’s this V-Day with this Amika x Netflix “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” collab. Smooth out frizz and get sleek hair with the mini Polished Perfection Straightening Brush and add volume with the mini Perk Up Dry Shampoo. It even comes with exclusive “To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before” stickers and a cute travel case to house it all. 

3. Sweat It Out

A post shared by SoulCycle (@soulcycle) on

Workout junkie? Treat yourself to that workout class you wouldn’t usually want to spend the money on (Soulcycle, anyone?). Make sure to wear your cutest athleisure set!

4. Comfort Food

A post shared by SHAKE SHACK (@shakeshack) on

Let yourself indulge in your favorite comfort food this V-Day. My personal favorite: Shake Shack. Grab your besties and make it a dinner date. Calories don’t count on holidays, right?

5. Retail Therapy

A post shared by Free People (@freepeople) on

Use the holiday as an excuse to buy yourself that new outfit you’ve been eyeing. Nothing makes me feel special like throwing on an outfit I love – and I know all FIT students can relate! It’s okay to treat yourself every now and then, in fact, it’s encouraged!

Whether you’re in a relationship or not, use Valentine’s Day as an excuse to treat yourself to all the self-love. Be your own Valentine and show up for yourself not just on February 14th, but every day after. 

Follow Carli on Instagram.

Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.