samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways to Hold On to Your Hot Girl Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Like those of you that dread the winter months and already shiver when the temperature reaches 70 degrees, I am desperately grasping onto the last few weeks of summer I have left. Although we may have to layer up in the coming months, here are a few ways to keep those summer vibes going into fall. 

1. The sun may not kiss your skin quite the same anymore, but keep that summer glow with some bronzer 

Milani Baked Bronzer, Milani Cosmetics, $9, shop now

2. Using layers to turn your hot girl summer ‘fits into fall girl hits

A post shared by CHLOE WEN (@bychloewen) on

Layer a cardigan over that crop top or pair a sweater with a slip skirt for a warm and trendy look. 

3. Keep drinking that iced coffee when the temperature drops 

You might just have to wear gloves to keep your hands warm.  

4. Watch as many sunsets as you can

A post shared by Eva Vitorino (@evafrv) on

They may force you out of bed early, but continue to get those VSCO worthy sunset and golden hour pics for as long as you can. 

5. Wear bright colors

A post shared by Martyna Kapral (@mkapralek) on

Keep bright colors in your wardrobe and avoid full black or dark fits. I may mourn the loss of summer days, but no need to let the funeral last all fall season. 

Tania is a Fashion Business Management major at FIT and is currently a Sophomore. She loves art, reading and writing and honestly any excuse to talk about all three.
Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.