This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.
  1. Verity by Colleen Hoover

Contrary to Hoover’s other books, Verity is a thriller with many dark twists. The book follows Lowen, an author hired to finish a wildly popular book series after the original author is in a bad accident. Taking place in Vermont, Verity is a creepy, compelling story that will have you unable to stop turning the pages. 

Buy it here

2. The Last Thing he Told me by Laura Dave

When Owen Michaels goes missing after compromising information about his company is revealed, it is up to Hannah to find out what happened. She and her step-daughter, Bailey, embark on a mission to put the pieces together to figure out what happened to Owen. Filled with twists in every chapter, The Last Thing He Told me is a powerful and suspenseful story about love, loss, and family. 

Buy it here

3. Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid 

There’s something about the 1970s that just screams fall. If you feel the same, then Daisy Jones and The Six is the perfect book for you this fall. Written as an interview transcript, this book takes the audience through the journey of the band, Daisy Jones and The Six. Reminiscent of Fleetwood Mac, the band’s story is fun, retro, and full of drama.

Buy it here

4. The Secret History by Donna Tartt

If your idea of fall is sitting in a dark library corner drinking black coffee while wearing a sweater, The Secret History is for you. Taking place at an elite college in New England, this novel follows an exclusive group of students studying Greek classics. Full of lies, jealousy, and murder set against the dark academia New England background, this book is truly a quintessential read for the fall. 

Buy it here

5. Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng

Before Little Fires Everywhere, there was Everything I Never Told You. Celeste Ng’s first book follows the Lee family through the events leading up to and following the disappearance of their daughter Lydia. Flipping between past and present, Everything I Never Told You is a heartwrenching dive into love, family, and sacrifice. 

Buy it here

Jools is a senior at FIT majoring in Advertising and Marketing Communications with a minor in writing. She is the President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at FIT.