This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

It’s no secret that Hollywood is (unfortunately) a male-dominated industry. This Woman’s History Month, watch these 5 films directed by women in Hollywood who are breaking barriers.

1. Fresh – Mimi Cave

Fresh is a thriller that tackles modern-day dating. The movie is about Noa (Daisy Edgar-Jones) and Steve (Sebastian Stan) and the bizarre turn that occurs in their romance. Unexpected, shocking, and different, Fresh is a new take on romance that has never been done before.

2. Black Widow – Cate Shortland

Black Widow was the first movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to be solely directed by a woman. The movie follows Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson) as she reunites with her sister, Yelena (Florence Pugh) and the two of them go on a journey to take down the organization that robbed them of their childhood.

3. Lady Bird – Greta Gerwig

A classic coming of age story, Lady Bird is a must see-film. Taking place in 2002, the movie follows Lady Bird (Saoirse Ronan) as she comes of age in Sacramento, California.

4. Shiva Baby – Emma Seligman

Shiva Baby follows Danielle (Rachel Sennott) as she attends a Jewish funeral service. Full of hilarious moments and unexpected interactions, Shiva Baby is a movie that everyone needs to watch.

5. Unpregnant – Rachel Lee Goldenberg

Unpregnant is a story about two former best friends reuniting as they go on a road trip in order for Veronica (Haley Lu Richardson) to have an abortion. The movie is touching, empowering, and hilarious all in one.

Jools is a senior at FIT majoring in Advertising and Marketing Communications with a minor in writing. She is the President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus at FIT.