4 Random Acts Of Kindness To Make Someone’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Every day we have the chance to choose to be kind. Whether it is towards your family, friends, or a stranger. We need more kindness in the world, and at the end of the day, we should all want to spread positivity rather than hate. Below are four random acts of kindness that you can do to make someone’s day!

1. Tip The Same Amount As Your Coffee Order

Next time you are going to pick up your favorite drink, tip the baristas the same amount as your order. The baristas are always working so hard to make sure our day is good by getting us our drinks, so why not make their day by tipping a little extra.

2. Hold The Door For Someone

This one may seem simple enough, but it is the simple gestures that can make a person feel so special. So, whether you open the door for a stranger at the store or open the door for your significant other or even a friend, this action is bound to bring a smile to their face.

3. Shovel Your Neighbor’s Driveway

If you live in a colder part of the country where it snows a lot this action can mean so much because it shows you are willing to go out of your way and take time to help someone else. The happiness it will bring to the recipient will be incredible. Also, if you live in a warmer climate this can be done by offering to mow your neighbor’s lawn.

4. Compliments

A compliment can go a long way in making someone feel good and it is an act of kindness that can be done every day. So next time you see someone rocking an awesome pair of shoes or killing it with their makeup, compliment them because it may not seem like a big deal to you, but to them, it could change their whole day.

Hello, my name is Anna Valenta I am a current Senior at the Fashion Institute of Technology studying Cosmetic and Fragrance Marketing and minoring in English with emphasis on writing. I am from New Jersey and love traveling, beauty, and the beach. I like trying new things and have a very outgoing personality and I hope you enjoy reading my articles just as much as I enjoy writing them!