This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Due to the unfortunate event that is the whole year of 2020, we are all currently stuck at home bored out of our minds. If you’re anything like me, these circumstances call for a lot of online shopping and Instagram photoshoots. Looking for affordable trendy clothes and accessories online can be extremely tough and take up tons of time. Luckily for you, this is where I come in as your personal stylist. Here are three ways to stay trendy on a budget:

1. Fast fashion is your best friend

Believe it or not, there are a bunch of fast fashion websites that have the trendiest clothes for less than $10! Who needs those outrageous Instagram stores when you could save a ton of money by shopping at these websites: 

Psst: not only are they super affordable, they have sales going on almost every single day! You’ll thank me later.

2. Accessorize!

If there is one thing, I wish I could stress enough it’s to accessorize! Whether you layer jewelry, put on some boujee sunglasses, or have a cute handbag, accessories are key! I promise you it changes the whole game of the outfit. You could glam up the simplest clothes and make them look so expensive. 

3. Don’t be afraid to buy dupes

As much as we all love finding cute affordable accessories, some of us still want to have those luxury items. Well, the good news is you can have the best of both worlds! There are so many amazing dupes for your favorite brands including Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, and even Off-White. You don’t need thousands of dollars to have items that highly resemble those brands. A great place to look is on Amazon. I know what you’re thinking ‘I could’ve looked there all this time?!?” The answer is yes!

Use these tips the next time you’re looking for some new items to add to your closet. I promise it will change the way you shop and look at clothes. Shopping doesn’t have to be a luxury it could be a hobby! You get to decide. There are many different ways to look stylish on a budget, don’t let the list stop you here!

My name is Emily Gilbert and I'm a freshman at the Fashion Institute of Technology. My major is Advertising and Marketing Communications. I love putting together trendy outfits and posting unique photos to my Instagram. In my free time, I love to read, go shopping of course, and binge watch Gilmore Girls!
Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.