etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

3 Fashion Trends That Are Bound To Continue Into Summer 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

As we all grow sick of this all over the place spring, everyone should be getting excited about these three fun fads that will definitely continue to trend into Summer 2019. We will be seeing a rapid increase in neon colors, chunky platform sneakers, and everything gold. This summer will be filled with a long overdue splash of color!

Although we have seen the presence of neon slightly throughout this past season, it is bound to become more prevalent as it gets warmer outside. We are likely to see a lot of neon greens, pinks, and oranges which is very fitting for summertime. As this rainy and cold season ends and everyone becomes a little happier, the use of neon will be a clear expression of their emotions. Whether it is neon two piece set or a fun teeny crop top, we will be seeing neon everywhere.

The increased normality of sneakers being worn all year round has caused for everyone to crave a cute and comfortable season. Over the Winter, FILA’s white platform sneaker has been becoming increasingly popular, but this upcoming summer, we will see all kinds of chunky platform sneakers. Whether it is pairing them a little summer dress or denim shorts, these shoes will look cute with everything. Every girl loves to feel confident and this sneakers allow every girl to walk with pride (and a few more inches). These sneakers are bound to stay a trend for a long time coming.

Gold, gold, and more gold! Gold accessories from head to toe will be seen this upcoming Summer 2019. Whether you are shopping at Forever 21 or Cartier, every it girl will be wearing gold. I have seen an increase in Louis Vuitton locks worn around every girl’s neck and this trend is only bound to grow. There has been a sudden appearance of Christian symbolic necklaces and from here the influx of gold began.  We will not only be seeing gold around the neck, but on the wrists, fingers, and in the hair. As girls look for new ways to style their hair, they will likely turn to these trendy gold hair clips. We have been seeing a lot of silver recently, so it is a great way to enter the new season with a switch from silver to gold.

All in all, if you want to be that trendy girl in class, take my advice and grow a few inches and wear some new colors. You will be catching everyone’s eye in that neon matching set with your coordinated chunky sneaker and gold accessories. These three trends find a cohesive balance to make Summer 2019, a very fashionable season. Cannot wait to see you girls wearing these cute trends once it finally gets hot out!

My name is Joely Pasetsky and I am a Senior at the Fashion Institute of Technology. I currently live on campus in New York City and love living here. I am studying Fashion Business Management with a minor in Ethics and Sustainability. I love shopping, obviously, hanging out with friends, and experiencing New York City.