This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FIT chapter.

Makeup is a lifesaver, but we all know it can be way too expensive – especially for college students. For the longest time, I used Urban Decay All-Nighter Liquid Foundation, which retails at $40. Though the formula was great and it provided full-coverage, I can’t afford to drop 40 bucks each time I run out. That’s how I found myself at the drug store and realizing that there were so many cheaper options for different makeup products that yielded results similar to, if not better than, their more expensive counterparts. After this article, I guarantee you that you will be running to your nearest Duane Reade or Ulta to add all of these items to your makeup bag:

E.L.F Precision Liquid Eyeliner– $3.00

Let’s be honest, every girl dreams of rocking a winged liner sharp enough to cut someone. With the e.l.f precision liquid eyeliner, this dream is made possible. The long-lasting formula is rich in pigment, so you know that no matter what type of eyeliner look you plan on going for, it is going to stand out. The tapered brush also allows for the liner to create anything from thin to bold lines in a matter of seconds.

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation– $7.99

Maybelline is one of the most well known drug store brands. Their Fit Me foundation/concealer range is the perfect product for all skin types. It has a smooth finish that makes it look as if you are barely wearing any foundation at all. I personally have oily skin, so I prefer to use their matte finish. If you find that you have dry skin, try their dewy finish for a natural glow. No matter your skin type, they have a foundation perfect for you—and your bank account will be happy too.

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Mousse– $9.99

This is the best lipstick if you love a matte finish, but hate the feeling of dry, cracking lips all day. This lip mousse has an amazing matte finish on the lips, but the creamy formula allows it to glide on easily and stay smooth for up to eight hours.

E.L.F Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths– $6.49

With these e.l.f makeup wipes, you will never complain about having to scrub off your makeup again. These cloths are infused with aloe vera and vitamin E, hydrating your skin after each use. Even after only one use, I already noticed how much smoother my skin felt after a full day of caking on makeup.

CoverGirl LashBlast Mascara– $8.99

This is the first mascara I ever used, simply because it was what my mom used. To this day, it is still one of my go-to brands when I am running out of mascara but don’t have money to drop on Tarte or Too Faced. It will leave your lashes looking long, full, and free of clumps.

KISS Gel Fantasy Nails– $8.69

While not technically makeup, we all know that the right nail polish can be the perfect finishing touch for an outfit, but sometimes we don’t have the time or money to get them done. With KISS Gel Fantasy Nails, you can stick them on and look like you’re fresh from the nail salon. They’re quick, easy, and always look great!

Ardell Natural Demi Wispies Lashes– $4.99 – $7.99

Sometimes mascara just isn’t cutting it for whatever bold eye look you are doing and you need to go that extra step. Ardell is a great drugstore brand for fake eyelashes that will help you take your look to the next level. You can buy a single pack for $4.99 or a double pack for $7.99, which includes glue and an eyelash applicator.

CoverGirl Professional Face Powder– $7.79

Finishing off a makeup look is the most important part. It can make or break your entire look. CoverGirl’s Professional Face Powder is the perfect finishing touch on foundation, creating a smooth look that will last  for hours on end. Bonus tip: buff it over any cream lipstick to instantly create a matte finish.

Wet n Wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder– $5.79

Ask any girl and she will tell you that highlighting is truly the highlight of any makeup look. It is vital to have that“popping” shine, and this cheap drugstore option will do just that. It is easy to blend and highly pigmented, not to mention the brand’s #1 highlighting powder, as voted by their fans.

E.L.F Mist & Set Setting Spray– $5.00

Can you tell I like e.l.f? How could you not with so many high quality products at such low prices? It so important to put setting spray on, otherwise all your hard work might be gone in a flash. E.l.f’s setting spray is refreshing and keeps all your makeup locked in place so that lasts all day and night.

You can thank me later once you fill your makeup bag with all your new, cheap goodies.

Kayla is a sophomore at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City. She is studying Advertising and Marketing Communications and hopes eventually go into Cosmetics and Fragrance Marketing. Growing up in Staten Island, the "forgotten borough", Kayla is no stranger to city life and grew up taking regular trips to Manhattan. You can usually find her exploring the city with friends or watching the latest musical to hit Broadway. You can also find her on Instagram @kaylaacariffe
Carli is a 2022 grad of the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York City and served as the style section editor for Her Campus. After being a national style writer for Her Campus, she launched Her Campus FIT. A born and raised Jersey Girl, she is a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. In her spare time she loves running, jamming to Taylor Swift, and tracking down the best burgers. Find her on Instagram @carliannescloset.