This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.
As the semester comes to an end and final exams approach, the last few weeks of school can be very stressful. But, have NO WORRIES! Her Campus FAMU brings you five tips that will make finals week a tad bit less nerve-racking!

1) Prioritize
Make a list of all your assignments and exams along with the dates that they are due. Then, estimate how much time you need to spend on each. It is best to work on the assignments that require the most work first, so when that’s complete you can then finish the rest of your work with ease. By doing this, you will be less likely to fall behind.

2) Work in study groups
Organize a study group with classmates. When you work with a team you can accomplish a lot more if everyone puts in equal effort. Working with a group will give you the opportunity to quiz one another and reinforce what you are studying. Make sure you are working with the right people who are serious about their studies. Most importantly, do not turn your study session into a social! Stay focused!

3) Business THEN pleasure
Don’t let your friends and family interfere with your study time. Turn down any invitations that will get in the way of schoolwork. The time that can be spent with friends needs to be dedicated to your work so you won’t have to play catch up in the last couple of days of the semester. If you work hard now, you can play harder when it is all over! Your friends will understand.

4) Take a break
Take a 15-minute break every 45 minutes. This will give you the feeling of refreshment and will allow you to think clearer. Your body will also feel reenergized. During your 15-minute breaks, try stretching, taking a walk and having a drink (water, preferably). You can also take that time to talk to your friends that you turned down for your studies. Just make sure you don’t get too distracted.

5) Get plenty of sleep
If you prioritize right you won’t end up doing all nighters and loosing sleep. Proper sleeping habits make you less irritable, less tense and able to focus more. Do not overdose on energy drinks to stay awake either. Studies show they are NOT healthy alternatives, though at the moment, a “five-hour energy” drink might sound promising for that ten page paper that’s due in the morning.

Itopia is a senior from New Rochelle, New York studying Magazine Production. She is the founder of Florida A&M's campus branch. After graduation, Itopia plans to move back to NY and go to fashion school! In her spare time Itopia enjoys tweeting, browing on Tumblr, eating and listening to music.