Lady Rattlers Look to ‘Spike’ Attendance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

TALLAHASSEE, FL- At the Al Lawson Center on Oct.5, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University Women’s Volleyball team defeated  North Carolina A&T. The lady rattlers

hold a perfect MEAC conference record of 4-0, but struggle to gain support from FAMU’s student body.The lady Rattlers volleyball team has been doing a lot of winning lately, but has been unable to produce a substantial amount of fans in the stands to witness their greatness.

FAMU Student Larry Bowden,  graduating senior,Political science major, had this to say about the ladies stellar performance,  regardless of the number of fans in attendance. “Those young ladies appear to be locked in during game time. I don’t think the low attendance has a negative effect on them.But a large attendance would have a positive one because then we could agitate the opposing team. All the teams need school spirit.”

The barren stands of Al Lawson on October 5th during the FAMU vs. NCAT.

FAMU Student,Rufus Caple III, a Senior Electrical engineering student stated, “I come to the games simply  because  they are like the best athletic team we have.”

Also, in  attendance Lynesha Watson,third year English major, commented, “I attended because the young ladies on the team are great players and they play like a team and WINNING is a plus.” The lady rattlers have only four more home games, FAMU students shouldn’t miss an opportunity to cheer on their fellow rattlers as they finish out the 2014-2015 season.