Journey Magazine Release Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

FAMU’s Journey Magazine Produces Its Third Issue of the Year

The “Love and Relationships” issue will release on Valentine’s Day

Journey is the student magazine of Florida A&M University’s School of Journalism & Graphic Communication. Released quarterly, Journey is diligently worked on year round by dedicated student writers, graphic designers and photographers. In 2012, Journey was named “Best College Magazine” in the Southeast Journalism Conference and ranked third in the Society of Professional Journalists’ Mark of Excellence Region 3 contests. It was announced last week that four members of Journey’s staff, including Gina Cherelus, Chidozie Acey, Morgan Grain and Kristen Swilley, are finalists in the SEJC “Best of the South” competition.

With Valentine’s Day around the corner, Florida A&M University students are highly anticipating Journey’s “Love and Relationships” issue. News editorial student and Editor-in-Chief Morgan Grain says Love and Relationships is her favorite issue of the year because, “it’s always a challenging opportunity to reinvent classic love and romance.” This issue will feature “Super Singles” on FAMU’s campus, fashion ideas for the perfect date and controversial topics about love and relationships.

News editorial student and female head stylist Robyn Mowatt says this issue will offer great insight on student dating in Tallahassee, “[for the fashion spread] We shot at 4 different date locations that are unique to FAMU students. The looks in the fashion spread offer affordable items of clothing that fit the setting for each date spot.”

This year the Journey staff will be delivering “Journey grams” on Valentine’s Day to students who pre-order. The “Journey grams” will include a copy of the magazine and a small gift from the Journey staff. Students who wish to pre-order should email journeyassociate@gmail.com with their contact and schedule information. Journey Magazines will be available in numerous locations on campus on Valentine’s Day (February 14th, 2013). Primary locations include the FAMU Student Union, School of Journalism and Graphic Communication, and Coleman Library. The official Journey Magazine release party will take place on February 14th from 10-2 pm at Prime Time Sports Lounge.

For more information follow @journey_mag on twitter. If you would like to become involved with Journey Magazine email @journeyassociate@gmail.com.