J-School Journals Advance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

This Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012, at 7:00 p.m., the School of Journalism & Graphic Communication will host it’s annual J-School Journals. This documentary review night will exhibit the documentaries made by seniors in SJGC.

Planned and executed by the student run PRodigy PR Firm, J-School Journals is held in high regard among its patrons each year. “I found J-School Journals to be thoroughly enjoyable,” said senior business administration student and former host, Monique Mussio. “The documentaries were very entertaining while insightful. I look forward to the show this year.”

This year the program consists of a total four documentaries, which will be opened by The Obama Impact on America Series. The documentaries to be show are: “Minority Pool,” produced by Bria Bennett and Amanda Legros; “Love Plus,” produced by Alexandria Collins and Erikson Joseph; “Invisible Prey,” produced by Kristen Swilley and Brandon McMullen; and “A Need to Belong,” produced by Aaron Tillman and Kierra King.

“We have a very close relationship with the filmmakers this year and it has helped us understand the importance of this event,” said Kourtney Berry, a senior associate in the PRodigy PR Firm. “I believe this event will be intriguing and engaging. The audience won’t only be wowed by the documentaries, but they will also be wowed with what we have in store for them.”

This year, the Prodigy PR Firm decided to include more entertainment in the documentary review night. MEISA Live! will perform at both the beginning and intermission of the event. Also, the PRodigy PR Firm will host a few drawings, prizes and giveaways.

This year’s J-School Journals will be held in Lee Hall Auditorium where they will “move life’s stories from real to reel.”