Date tips on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

As Valentine’s Day is here and many couples (or single ladies) might still be wondering what are some good ideas when it comes to spending time with lovers.  If you’re having trouble finding how to spend your time, here are a couple of ideas:

For couples, instead of the typical dinner & a movie, try cooking as a couple and having dinner at home. This is good for 2 reasons: 1) it will show how well you both work together (if it was early on), 2) it would just be fun if you both are seasoned lovers, or 3) it’s affordable and cost effective for college students.

If cooking isn’t your thing, try something else with your lover. Maybe arts & crafts, go to the beach, have a picnic or give each other massages.

Now, my single ladies tend to sulk or be sad on this day because society has put in our minds that we must have someone. Sometimes the only people you need are your best girlfriends! Tonight try inviting a few friends over, pop in an amazing romantic comedy and enjoy each other’s time. Some movie suggestions are: 1) “He’s Just Not That Into You”, 2) “Something Borrowed”, 3) “Friends with Benefits”, 4) “Sex & the City 1 (or) 2” or 5) “Down with Love!”

All in all, take this day and enjoy it with people you love and care about. Valentine’s Day wasn’t founded for someone to showered with gifts and be with someone. Just enjoy the day, it’s only February 14th.