clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Congressional Black Caucus Foundation President to Speak at Fall Commencement

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

Over 700 students will graduate this Friday at the fall 2014 commencement exercise on Dec. 12 at 6 p.m.

A. Shuanise Washington, current president and CEO of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (CBCF) will address the graduating class as the keynote speaker on Friday.

As the president of the CBCF, Washington directs the foundation in helpnig the community. CBCF’s main goal is to create a world where all communities have an equal voice in public policy through leadership cultivation, economic empowerment and civic engagement. They do this by developing leaders, informing policy, and educating the public.

Renee Mowatt, a graduating senior from Orlando, is honored to have a woman of such prestige foundation speak at her graduation. “I’m really looking forward to hearing Mrs. Washington speak. CBCF is a great program that many fellow Rattlers have attended,” said Mowatt. “CBCF is home to many black leaders and legislators who are working together to fight against racial injustice; which is so important right now.”

The exercise will be held on campus at the Alfred L. Lawson, Jr. Multipurpose Center and Teaching Gymnasium.

Itopia is a senior from New Rochelle, New York studying Magazine Production. She is the founder of Florida A&M's campus branch. After graduation, Itopia plans to move back to NY and go to fashion school! In her spare time Itopia enjoys tweeting, browing on Tumblr, eating and listening to music.