Annalise Anise, ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

This week’s “Campus Cutie” hails from the wonderful city of Mobile, Alabama. Second year pre-professional pharmacy student, Annalise Alise, gave HC FAMU a peek into her life!

Name: Annalise Anise
Major: Pre-Pharmacy
Relationship Status: Single
Campus involvement: Presidential Ambassador, Queen of the second year pre-professional pharmacy class, Miss. Alpha Kappa Alpha, and a member of the Beta Alpha chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

HC FAMU: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
AA: Well, five years from now will be 2016, and that’s the year that I will be graduating from FAMU College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Which is really exciting. I basically imagine myself walking across the stage and being Dr. Anise.

HC FAMU: Have you ever had your heart broken?
AA: Unfortunately yes, it was back in high school. But, I’m a tough cookie so I got over it.

HC FAMU: The best way to get what you want is…?
AA: To work for it, I believe in working for things. My parents taught me that things don’t naturally come easy, so I feel like the best way to get what I want is to just go out there and get it. I can’t wait on somebody else to give it to me.

HC FAMU: Favorite artist.
AA: No brainer, Trey Songz! I think I fell in love instantly. I became a fan during Trey Day, his sophomore album. I wasn’t totally hooked on his first album. But when Ready, his junior album, came out, I was die-hard. After his senior album: Passion, Pain, and Pleasure, I was really die-hard and I’ve been following since.

HC FAMU: Your Passion.
AA: My passion right now is school. I feel like I grind so hard for school. So it’d probably be between that and working hard for my sorority, I want to see the chapter do well.

HC FAMU: Guilty pleasure music.
AA: It would probably be hard-core gangster rap. Like Lil’ Boosie or Webbie because people probably wouldn’t expect me to listen to that stuff.

HC FAMU: What qualities do you look for in a guy?
AA: I think the No. 1 quality that would win me over is someone who focuses on the little things. If you send me a good morning text, ask “how was your day?,” or if I’m in the library studying and you bring me some food or a drink. Something just as simple as that.

HC FAMU: Best feature on a guy.
AA: A nice pretty smile. Smiles draw people in and let them know that you’re really personable and approachable.

HC FAMU: Pet Peeves.
AA: I don’t like when people text me a conversation that should be done in person or on the phone. Second, not going to class. That’s a pet peeve because I’m really strict about my academics. Next, butting into people’s conversations, like just coming out of nowhere if you don’t know the person talking. Finally, saying “aye girl,” that’s not the way to get my attention.

HC FAMU: Best Qualities.
AA: I think is my intelligence. It is such a great quality, because who wouldn’t want a smart girl? I’m really just a stickler about my academics, it means a lot to me and it always has. My ability to talk to people is another one. Like being really personable, I love people. My last one would probably be my confidence and the fact that I’m usually always happy. I may have my days, but for the most part, I’m always happy.

Photo Credit: Alphonse Etienne

Itopia is a senior from New Rochelle, New York studying Magazine Production. She is the founder of Florida A&M's campus branch. After graduation, Itopia plans to move back to NY and go to fashion school! In her spare time Itopia enjoys tweeting, browing on Tumblr, eating and listening to music.