Aaron Kargauer, ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at FAMU chapter.

Name: Aaron Kargauer
Major: Pharmacy
Relationship Status: Taken
Hometown: Sarasota, Fla
Campus Involvement: 2011-2013 Resident Assistant, Coach for FAMU Intramural Basketball, and the FAMU Honors Program.

HC FAMU: How do you handle breakups?
AK: I’m not one for a nasty breakup. I don’t try and get revenge and I don’t try to get with other girls to make them jealous. I like them to be really simple; we just go our separate ways.

HC FAMU: Where would your dream vacation be?
AK: The islands in the Pacific; like Tahiti or Samoa.

HC FAMU: What is one piece of advice you would give boys about girls?
AK: You should spoil [girls], give them attention and really treat them well.

HC FAMU: How would you describe yourself?
AK: I would describe myself as someone who likes to be surrounded by positive people, and [someone] who is trying to better my life, and to move in the right direction in the right way.

HC FAMU: Would you date a girl who your friends didn’t like?
AK: Yes, I feel like if we hit it off and enjoy our time together, then I would want to spend more time with her. I’m not even the type who is always around my friends like that would make me not able to spend time with my girlfriend. I would just hang out with my friends separately. But I know some girls who, if you go out with them you have to meet everybody; like their friends, their extended family, and their second cousins.

HC FAMU: What feature would you notice on a girl first?
AK: I would definitely notice her eyes.

HC FAMU: Who is the person you look up to the most?
AK: Josh McNeil; he brought me in as an RA and he’s the reason I got the job. He’s been all over the world through different study abroad programs. We have a lot in common and we come from similar backgrounds. He just has a really open mind about a lot of things.

HC FAMU: What is the biggest thing you’ve had to overcome?
AK: Definitely negativity; from where I’m from, my past, and situations back home.

HC FAMU: What is something about yourself that you’re proud of?
AK: I’m proud that I’m in college, and that I’m pursuing a future to better myself and my family. I try to do positive things to influence my family and people I know who don’t have the opportunity and who aren’t doing the same things. 

Itopia is a senior from New Rochelle, New York studying Magazine Production. She is the founder of Florida A&M's campus branch. After graduation, Itopia plans to move back to NY and go to fashion school! In her spare time Itopia enjoys tweeting, browing on Tumblr, eating and listening to music.