This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

This week in the Falmouth University compass there has been a clothes rail and stall showcasing cakes, clothes, and facts about said clothes, such as; ‘how they’re made?’ and ‘who made them?’ and ‘where they come from?’ But what was it all in aid of? Read on to find out…

Students had got together in celebration of Fashion Revolution week. Fashion Revolution is a movement and charity backed by famous designers such as Vivienne Westwood and Stella McCartney and its aim is to raise awareness around the sustainability of fashion. You can find out more here http://fashionrevolution.org.

To commemorate this, Performance Sportswear Design student and Fashion Revolution brand ambassador Isobel Rimmer gathered the help of her coursemates and helped to raise some money for the cause. They have been selling cakes (special shout out to Eryn Murray for her amazing Rocky Roads), tickets to tomorrow’s event and generally spreading the message.

On Saturday 30th April the Poly will be screen a film titled the ‘True Cost’ and hosting a clothes-swapping event.

The True Cost is a groundbreaking documentary film that pulls back the curtain on the untold story and asks us to consider, who really pays the price for our clothing? Filmed in countries all over the world, from the brightest runways to the darkest slums, and featuring interviews with the world’s leading influencers including Stella McCartney, Livia Firth and Vandana Shiva, The True Cost is an unprecedented project that invites us on an eye opening journey around the world and into the lives of the many people and places behind our clothes.

If you want to go but haven’t managed to get a ticket so far than you can book at the Poly box office (10:00-19:00, Tuesday to Saturday), by calling 01326 319461 or online at www.thepoly.org.

Tickets are £1 + £1 Poly Fund.

You can find out more about Fashion Revolution here http://fashionrevolution.org.

My name is Paris Anne Richardson and I am attending Falmouth University studying English with Creative Writing. I am an avid reader and subscriber to both Atlas and Vogue. My ideal day is hanging out with my girlfriends shopping and hopping from one coffee shop to another, and I am massive sucker for people watching. Hope you enjoy reading all the posts.