This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

Last week Falmouth University students came together to put on Stitch, a sensory event that looked to explore current trends in fashion design, and popular culture. It was a collaboration of creatives who combined their talents to create an atmospheric experience.

The guests were treated to music from Cloud, a 20-year-old British musician, songwriter and producer from Bristol, and Tony Njoku a British electronic music producer and singer-songwriter. Both of which really set the scene for what felt like a futuristic forecast of not only the rising stars within the music industry but also within the design arena. The designs that walked the equally as well designed set received rounds of applause from the audience and even tears of pride from their designers and makers. The range of designs was vast, taking many different shapes and forms.

One collection was made solely of sustainable material and recycled marine waste, inspired by her time spent travelling in South East Asia. Eryn Murray’s garments were designed for the active woman with interest in Yoga, paddle boarding and Surf. The collection consisted of graphic prints and a gold lotus flower logo.

Contrast to this was Levi Ripley’s all black ensembles, where the attention was on the tailoring. Featuring a quilted structured jacket complete with shoulders as fierce as the woman who dares to wear such an outfit; and a full length pleated skirt that flowed effortlessly down the catwalk.

Orren Garner’s pieces stood out during the event, his apocalyptic designs consisted of oversized knits, coats and even a backpack that transformed into a style of mask fit for wasteland survival. Orren has also recently been chosen to put forward his portfolio to the British Fashion Council, a great achievement.

The event was a great reminder of the celebration of all the talent that we have in Falmouth University, not only on the Perfomance Sporstwear design and Fashion, but also on Fashion Marketing, Creative Events Management and Graphic Design. It felt every bit professional and we here at Her Campus Falmouth can’t wait to hear of everyone’s successes in the future. 

Image Credit: Jonathan Vivaas Kise 

My name is Paris Anne Richardson and I am attending Falmouth University studying English with Creative Writing. I am an avid reader and subscriber to both Atlas and Vogue. My ideal day is hanging out with my girlfriends shopping and hopping from one coffee shop to another, and I am massive sucker for people watching. Hope you enjoy reading all the posts.