Mothers Day Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

So it’s Mothers Day and you are 250 miles away from your mum, you’re in dire need of that next student loan, or you simply forgot! What do you do? Well we have come up with five ideas to let your mum know that you still her love and appreciate her and everything she does, but you just can’t afford to buy her all the gifts she deserves right now.

1. It’s no secret that mums work very hard so why not give her some well-deserved time off! Vouchers or I Owe You’s are a great way to deliver breakfast in bed, dinner, doing the dishes for a day or even a foot massage.
  2. Playlists aren’t reserved just for your latest crushes; why not create a playlist of your mum’s favourite songs? Yes, it might not be Adeles latest album but a carefully selected list of songs on Spotify can go a lot farther! Or why not take it that one step further and email in her favourite radio station and dedicate a song to her! That way she and thousands of others will definitely know how much you love her.
  3. They say a picture paints a thousand words, so why not go through the family albums and chose your favourite picture of the two of you and pop it in a nice frame. That way if you are miles from home she can have a picture of you!
  4. If you can’t be there yourself then why not make sure someone treats your mum on your behalf! It’s most likely to be your younger sibling or maybe even your mums partner but if you give them some simple instructions on what flowers to get her, or what her favourite cute café is she is sure to still have a fabulous day!
  5. Remember it’s the thought that counts, so if all else fails why not send her a nice heart felt letter telling her how much you appreciate all she has done for you, or why not just pick up the phone. (which reminds me I need to phone my mum!) 

We hope some of those ideas are useful, lets be honest mums are fabulous and deserve to be told more than once a year! Shout out to all the great mums, we wouldnt be here without you! (literally speaking, ofcourse most of us actually wouldnt!) 

Happy Mothers Day! 

My name is Paris Anne Richardson and I am attending Falmouth University studying English with Creative Writing. I am an avid reader and subscriber to both Atlas and Vogue. My ideal day is hanging out with my girlfriends shopping and hopping from one coffee shop to another, and I am massive sucker for people watching. Hope you enjoy reading all the posts.