Hannah Nutting ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

This week I got to sit down with one of our very own Her Campus Falmouth writers Hannah Nutting! I find out what she loves about uni, the weirdest thing that’s happened to her during her time here, and what advice she has for next year’s freshers! 

Name: Hannah Nutting

Age: 19

Zodiac sign: Pisces

Gender pronouns: She/her

Relationship status: Single

HC: Where are you from and how is it different from Falmouth?

HN: I’m from Dudley which is in the west Midlands. Falmoth is a lot quieter and more relaxing than home. 

HC: What course do you do?

HN: I do Animation & Visual Effects at Falmouth. I’m also a first year. 

HC: What’s your favourite colour?

HN: My favourite colour is pink! 

HC: What made you want to write for Her Campus Falmouth?

HN: I like to write as a hobby; I also liked that Her Campus Falmouth is a magazine aimed at women and has a feminist approach to writing. 

HC: What advice can you offer to people who are going to be freshers next year?

HN: Party a bit but not too hard! And don’t stress because it’ll all work out in the end!

HC: What are some of the things you’ve learned after being at uni for 6 months?

HN: I’ve learned that procrastination doesn’t solve anything, the dishes are only gonna get worse the longer you leave them, and occasionally you will have to cook a vegetable.

HC: What is your favourite part about your course?

HN: I like that every day I’m learning new things and improving my skills.

HC: If you could be any animal what would you be?

HN: I would probably a cat since all they do is eat and sleep all day. 

HC: Who are some of your favourite music artists?

HN: Tegan and Sara, Hayley Kiyoko and Smashing Pumpkins.

HC: What’s the most bizarre thing that has happened to you at uni?

HN: Someone once threw a whole pumpkin at my bedroom window. 

HC: What’s something that you’re looking forward to?

HN: I’m looking forward to living with my friends because we managed to get a really nice house haha!

HC: If you had the option of trying out a different course at uni, which would you choose?

HN: Maybe illustration since I love making comics.

Thanks so much Hannah for taking the time to chat with me. Check out her blog to see some of her work! 

Hi there! My name is Genesis and I'm the CC for Her Campus Falmouth! I also currently study English with Creative Writing at Falmouth Universty! I'm originally from New York City but I'm abroad for university. Some of the things I love include the colour pink, furry and fat animals, watching films, going for walks, taking pictures of animals, reading sci-fi, and writing!