This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

Those with enough courage to face the mizzle (that’s mist/drizzle, the kind which makes your jeans damp and your hair do the ever-so-attractive frizz) on Thursday’s first late night shopping evening were treated to seeing the Falmouth Christmas light switch on.

The children’s latern parade, accompanied by Father Christmas in a horsedrawn carriage (Rudolph and squad are busy training for Christmas Eve), was met by choirs belting Christmassy tunes from the moor before town was lit up with twinkly strings and snowflakes projected across the library and Methodist church. Thursday was the first of three late night shopping evenings in the run up to Christmas.

Nadelik Lowen!

Hanna is a writer/editor/illustrator based in Falmouth and across the UK. One day she hopes to be paid to eat delicious things and tell people about them. Until then you can find her writing freelance, drawing pictures of people pulling silly faces, or lying face-down on the beach like a starfish. You can follow her here: https://twitter.com/hannacrombie
My name is Paris Anne Richardson and I am attending Falmouth University studying English with Creative Writing. I am an avid reader and subscriber to both Atlas and Vogue. My ideal day is hanging out with my girlfriends shopping and hopping from one coffee shop to another, and I am massive sucker for people watching. Hope you enjoy reading all the posts.