Campus Celebrity: Hugo Tilmouth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

Name: Hugo Tilmouth

Year of Study: 2

Course: Renewable Energy

Role: Creator of Juiicy Music Group and Immersion Events

Hardworking Hugo has been busy. As well as becoming a regular DJ at places like Cribbs and Watermans – under the guise of Juiicy Music Group- he and two friends are now the proud founders of Immersion Events. Below, Hugo shares with HerCampus how Immersion came to be, his up-and-coming Seven Sins Event at Gylly beach, and a few sinful secrets of his own…

What inspired the name Juiicy Music Group?

“I love music and I love it juicy, that’s it.”

Who is in the Immersion team?

“Chris Aoun, Joe Seal and me.”   

You started Juiicy Music Group on your own, how did Immersion Events come about?

“Me, Chris and Joe were in Beerwolf, chatting about how fun it would be to set up an events company, and that night we came up with the name Immersion. The idea behind the name was to be immersed in the event, so you go to an event and feel really into it. Then we left it for months and months and then came back to it and decided to do the events at Cribbs and Gylly. So our first event was at Cribbs called Stir It Up, and now Seven Sins at Gylly.”

Who is the boss out of you three?

“Hummm… It’s definitely a three way thing.” 

For yout upcoming seven sins event tickets went extremely quickly, are there any left?

“Yeah we sold out in a week. We have about ten left, so if someone still desperately wants one then get them to message the Facebook page.”

Tell me more about the dress code for the Seven Sins event. (Girls in red, boys in black)

“Chris made up the dress code, I think he wanted the girls in red; he is a single man and all that. I’ll be wearing black anyway ‘cause that is the colour of the Immersion t-shirts.”

Have you sorted out your team that’s going to help set up the event on the day?

“Yeah we’ve only got an hour to set up, so we’ve got a crew of people helping. We’ve got a professional sound engineer coming in to do the sound system, we’ve got three DJ’s, including myself. And photographers too.”

Lets talk textiles; did you create all the Immersion t-shirts?

“Yeah they are my design, I’m the graphics man. But my girlfriend (Holly Woodman) made them, I helped.”  

Share with us your favourite sin?

“Gluttony, obviously. I love chocolate.”  

How about your go-to drink?

“Gin and tonic! With Hendricks gin.”

Where would you choose to eat out in Falmouth?

“Provedore, that tapas place. Yum.”

What or who inspires you to do what you do?

“I guess a guy called Casey Neistat, look him up online, he’s a really cool guy. He’s very OCD but he is always busy. I believe in that, I’ve kind of learnt that from what he does, that you always have to be busy and then you’re way more productive.”

Huge thanks to Hugo taking time from his packed schedule to meet and talk with HerCampus. If you’re lucky enough to be going to Seven Sins you’re in for a treat, there’s going to be free chocolate fountains (!) and the man himself DJing. If not, there are many more Immersion events round the corner…

Hello! I'm Ella, a second year Film student at Falmouth University. I have a thing for writing and sharing experiences and ideas with other people.When I'm not scribbling stuff down I'm usually cooking - so I always have something to scoff when the time comes to write. Thanks for reading!