This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

Name: Harry McIver aka Holistic Criteria

Age: 20

Course: Music Technology

This week we caught up with founder, owner and creator of Seeing Double Audio – a Falmouth born record label. We found out what’s behind the man, behind the decks. This is what he had to say.

What first sparked your musical interest?

When I was in primary school we had a really old windows program called Dance EJ (classic). We got to play around on it every other Friday for a term or so, ever since I wanted to make music.

Who is your biggest inspiration?

My biggest inspiration… I would have to say some of the early Jazz musicians, I can’t really name one alone but along the lines of John Coltrane, Miles Davis and Thelonious Monk… The expression captured in their music has something I always work to express in my own music and performances. That being said, I find a lot of inspiration in everything, the music I listen to, the people I meet or read about, good days, bad days, deadlines. There’s good in everything.

What has been the highlight of Seeing Double so far?

I would have to say Dub Phizix last year. When we organised the event we really couldn’t afford it, somehow we managed to pull it off and break even! Was just an incredible atmosphere in there. Could say the same about KOAN Sound, Seeing Double and Noise Pollution merged to form Double Noise this year and decided to launch the collaboration with KOAN Sound. I’ve wanted to book them since I was in school.

What’s the best thing about being a DJ?

There’s a lot of good, my favourite thing is just giving people a reason to come together and drop their guards. It doesn’t matter when you’re in a crowd listening to good music, everybody is there with each other all agreeing on a sound and moving with it.

What is your proudest achievement as a DJ?

So far I’ve supported some crazy artists, Fred V & Grafix, Dub Phizix, KOAN Sound, Serial Killaz, DJ Barely legal, it’s really cool to be doing that already

What is coming up for you and the Seeing Double boys this year?

Without giving too much away, we are looking at venues across the south of the UK and planning to expand our horizons, still planning to rear up Falmouth throughout this academic year for sure!

My name is Laura Sherlock and I am the co-editor for Falmouth's chapter of Hercampus. I am currently in my third year of university studying English.