This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Falmouth chapter.

6 Ways you know you have a strong library game at Penryn Campus:

1. When you’ve successfully managed to obtain a purple sofa. These things are NEVER free; therefore if you manage to grab one, it’s almost an unwritten rule that you must sit there for the entirety of the day. If you need to go anywhere, your friends must work on shift rotations to ensure no one intrudes on your essay-writing base.
  2. OR when you’ve bagged yourself a table with exclusive use. You spread your stuff on every inch of the surface to make it look like your friends have popped out… because let’s face it, you don’t want some annoying random peaking over your shoulders when you’re facebooking instead of writing.
  3. When the library system says the book you desperately need is on the shelf, and it actually IS where it is supposed to be. Nothing worse than finally finding shelf 830.235879164 to see a hole where your book should be.
  4. When you manage to summon the efforts to order yourself a KOOFI pizza. You’ve stayed there too late and it’s shut? Not a problem, Dominos deliver. Any pizza is a winner, but pizza in a library tastes better (this is a genuine fact).
  5. When you’ve been in there so long you see the sun set and rise, and realise you haven’t actually moved. Congratulations on surviving an all-nighter, you probably do look how you feel but hey, you can sleep later.
  6. When you have to use the showers from said all-nighter… I’m yet to believe any one actually uses the showers in the Exchange, but if you’re organized enough to plan an all-nighter and bring a towel and toiletries along for the ride, then I’m pretty sure you should gain the title of library Queen!
22 year old English with Creative writing student from Cornwall
My name is Laura Sherlock and I am the co-editor for Falmouth's chapter of Hercampus. I am currently in my third year of university studying English.