Your Guide to the Perfect Valentines Day Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Trying to catch someone’s eye? Valentines Day is always exciting and a little stressful sometimes. There can be a lot of pressure to be on your a-game. Relax! Whether you’re planning a romantic date at Molto or a roomie date in the stag, these ten staple beauty products are sure to get you on Cupid’s good side.

1. If tanning is your thing, Pleasure Beach is where it’s at. But, for those of you who want the glow without the extra vitamin D check out St. Tropez Gradual Tan. It’s an everyday body moisturizer that gives you a fast and even tan. You’ll be set when you put on that new American Apparel dress this weekend.

2. After you’ve moisturized, sprinkle on some Lush Dusting Powder to seal the deal. The powder over lotion combo will make your skin baby soft and it comes in a bunch of great scents (some even have glitter). It’s like a luxurious cousin to baby powder.

3. For a flawless complexion start by getting a deep gentle cleanse with St. Ives Apricot Scrub. It smells so fresh and it’ll polish your skin to perfection. Any blackheads will be scrubbed away without over drying your face.

4. Then, be sure to get your hands on the Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream. Almost every brand makes a BB now, but Maybelline’s gives the perfect amount of coverage and won’t make you shiny. Even if you’re half awake getting ready for an 8am class, I promise you can manage this.

5. To set your BB cream or foundation, Too Faced Primed and Poreless pressed powder is what you need. It will give you a soft airbrush finish and it’s translucent, so you can apply it to freshen up your makeup or absorb oil.

6. For equally as radiant lips go for Vaseline. They have either the tiny tubs or tubes of Vaseline Lip Therapy. It’s perfect to keep your lips hydrated in the winter months so you can flash a smile when you pass a campus cutie in the BCC.

7. Nothing knows the bitter cold when walking to class like your hands! A dab of L’Occitane Crème Mains hand cream will make sure dry cracked knuckles are nowhere in sight. The polar vortex is no match for this fantastic product.

8. To keep your hair looking as fresh as your skin, load it up with It’s a 10 Miracle Leave in Product right out of the shower. They aren’t kidding when they say it’s a miracle. You can put as much as you want in your hair and it won’t get greasy or weighed down.

9. If you want a slightly less polished look, than Bumble and Bumble has a great product, Surf Spray. Even just spraying it on the ends will give your hair a loose tousled look (it also smells amazing).

10. Last but not least, it wouldn’t be Valentines Day with out Victoria’s Secret! The Instant Bronzing Shimmer Powder is guaranteed to take your look to the next level and make sure you’re the one stealing hearts on Friday. 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!