This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Berry, plum, and brown are on trend lipstick shades this season. As much as I love to splurge on a MAC or Lancôme lipstick, I adore drugstore lipsticks as well. These shades are all available at your local drug storeare affordable and excellent quality. Keep reading for our guide on what colors to add to your cosmetics bag this season.

For a natural, pink-brown shade, I love Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle. It’s great for daytime wear, and it’s super moisturizing! It’s more on the sheer side, so it’s perfect for those who aren’t ready to rock the bold lip or for those who choose to dramatize their eyes.

A brighter shade to wear day or night is Milani lipstick in Plumrose. This lipstick has a consistency with a creamier application. It’s long lasting and looks great with any eye makeup!

Another shade similar to Plumrose is Maybelline’s Bit of Berry lipstick. This product is a little glossier than Plumrose, and it is also a bit brighter. Plumrose is more of a dusty, plum color, while Bit of Berry has a stronger berry undertone. 

And for those feeling bold this fall, Maybelline’s Espresso Exposed lipstick is gorgeous. It’s just dark enough, with its deep, rich coffee color. Something this dark would look great with simple eye makeup. Quick tip: dark lipstick applies even better if you put a thin layer of foundation over your lips before applying. A lip liner also helps to prevent bleeding of the lipstick.

If any of the lipsticks appear too vibrant for your liking, you can take a napkin or tissue and lightly blot some of it off to create more of a stain. 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!