Your Day Hungover: As Told By GIFS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We’ve all been there. Whether it’s a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday morning, all hangovers are evil. There are a few, fleeting seconds in the morning before you move when you feel fine, like you didn’t even drink the night before. Then as soon as you reach for the water and Advil that you drunkenly prepared last night the raging headache and nausea hits you in full force. And here is basically how the rest of your day goes…

When you manage to get out of bed to change out of last nights clothes and take your make up off, there’s always that one roommate who is way too energetic and asks how you feel. Your answer, every time:

Or if you have class, God bless your soul that you don’t, this is your reaction to your alarm disturbing you from your hangover-free sleep…

And, of course, by the end of class you look like this…

By lunchtime you’ve decided to reheat whatever greasy, drunk food you ordered at 3 a.m. last night but even that is a grueling task…

The grease definitely helps the nausea, but your massive headache has yet to subside. Your delusional self thinks: perhaps the gym will cure me? But no…

As you lay on your couch and debate taking a nap or not, you start getting Facebook notifications. You cross your fingers that it’s just the guy from last night friend requesting you but no, you’ve been tagged in photos. Time to un-tag!

Now that you’ve opened your laptop to inspect these horrid and embarrassing photos, you decide to read a few emails or even start an assignment. But that never gets too far…

Let’s face it: your inactive day has been absolutely exhausting and by dinnertime, you’ve given up all hope…

You end your day with the only known cure to hangovers…

Katrina is a junior at Fairfield University with double majors in English and Journalism, and a minor in German. 
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!