You Need to Try These Hairstyles the Next Time You Go Out

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

There is nothing quite as stressful as getting ready for a night at the townhouses. You spend 2 hours perfecting your look just to have your hair in a ponytail and your makeup running after just 10 minutes at a party. So why spend so much time doing your hair if it’s just going to end up on the top of your head? To avoid this, why not start the night off with an updo?

Here are some of our favorite updos that are perfect for a night out! They’re sure to look good, feel great, and keep your hair out of your face so you can hit the dance floor!

1. Half-Up Half-Down

This is a classic going-out look and you can’t make your way to the townhouses without passing at least 10 girls who are rocking this style. You can even pull the top of your hair into a bun instead of a ponytail to completely change the look! It’s a super easy ~half~ updo that pulls the hair out of your face while still leaving some down – talk about the best of both worlds!

2. Party Pony

If your hair is going to end up in a ponytail by the end of the night, why not just ~start~ with it in a ponytail? You can slickh it back and rock a sleek look, or you can pull at your hair a bit and make it messy, giving you a lived-in look!

3. Space Buns

Be the life of the party with space buns! Channel your inner Miley Cyrus and rock 2 buns on the top of your head. Your hair will be out of your face so you can dance the night away. Plus, your hair will be a total conversation starter!

4. Low Bun

This look is perfect for a formal event on campus. Simply pull your hair into a low bun and pull out a few pieces in the front to frame your face. Your hair will stay put all night making you look elegant and mature!

5. Top Knot

This is the perfect look for a darty because it keeps your hair off your neck while you’re in the hot sun. Pull all your hair into a tight bun on the top of your head and even accessorize with some sunnies or a cute headband!

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com