You Can Now Netflix and Chill Without Wi-Fi Connection

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Everyone’s favorite media streaming service, Netflix, recently announced that users can download their favorite television shows or films to watch without Internet Connection.

Netflix released a blog post that stated, “While many members enjoy watching Netflix at home, we’ve often heard they also want to continue their ‘Stranger Things’ binge while on airplanes and other places where Internet is expensive or limited. Just click the download button on the details page for a film or TV series and you can watch it later without an Internet connection.”

While not every film or show is available for download, fan favorites such as Black Mirror are available.

Netflix also pointed out that having the ability to download shows and movies will not change the cost of a Netflix account for current users.

Unfortunately this feature is not available yet for your laptop, but is on your Smartphone if you simply download the newest version of the Netflix app. This feature is available for both iOS and Android. 

Aileen is a senior communication major and marketing minor who resides in Westchester, NY. She is a Executive Features Editor at Her Campus Fairfield and loves online shopping, snuggling with her dog, and working out. the Follow her on Instagram @aklindy!
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.