This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

How many times have you sat by your phone waiting with a great sense of urgency for him to reply to your snap or text? Whether he’s a guy you’re talking to, or maybe someone you’ve just hooked up with, or even your boyfriend, I’m sure you’ve been there and felt the anxiety build up as you impatiently wait for him to respond. Maybe it was a matter of minutes or hours you sat waiting. After some time, you may decide to check your phone to see if he’s seen your text. All of a sudden a feeling of defeat rushes over you as you see that he’s left you on read. 

Whatever your situation may be, one of the first instincts you may feel is to make up excuses for him as to why he left you on read. We may try doing this, as in the end we want to make ourselves feel better. With that being said, at times we may jump to conclusions and think the reason he has left us on read is to annoy, or bother, us. It is important to know this is not the reason why he has left you on read, and here’s why.

Sometimes, the timing just isn’t right. If you have been talking with or seeing a guy for some time and all of a sudden he falls off the face of the earth, it is important to remember, and know, that is safe to assume it has nothing to do with you. The timing just may not have been right for him which would explain the lack of him texting you back. 

Other times, it is important to realize that if you are not official with the guy you are talking to, it is best to take things slow and not overanalyze or overthink why he may have left you on read. While you may have had a great first couple of dates, does not necessarily mean he is destined to text you back. 

Always remember he is not leaving you on read to annoy you, his views on your situation may just differ from yours, which is why it is always important to establish what you two are! 

Catherine Howley

Fairfield '22

Catherine is a senior Communication major at Fairfield University. In addition to majoring in Communication, she is also minoring in Education, Marketing, & Public Relations. Catherine has always had a love and passion for writing about women's fashion, lifestyle, and beauty. Upon graduating from Fairfield University, she hopes to continue, and further, her love of writing through working in the PR industry.