Winter Break As Told By Scott Disick

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The only thing better than finishing your last final exam is that of when you step into your house for the very first time after the semester and smell a home cooked meal. You remind yourself that Barone and The Stag are a thing of the past (until you get back to it in 4 weeks) and embrace all of the amazing things that being home for the semester has to offer. Since you are not shacking it up in your dorm room any longer, and you get to live like royalty under the close rule of your parents, who better to express all of the wonders of winter break than the Lord himself?

1. You drive away from your dorm building, townhouse or beach house and don’t look back. Peace fall semester.
  2. After hours of dreaded traffic, you finally make it to your hometown street and the excitement begins to brew.
  3. You ~shamelessly~ take Snaps with your hometown geotag on it, so your hometown squad knows that you are back and better than ever.
  4. The group chat begins to fill up with all of the things that people want to do that night, and you are just happy you can go out again with your high school.
  5. Your mom (or your favorite restaurant) provides you with the BEST dinner, and you forget to remind yourself why you ever went to college in the first place.
  6. You and your high school friends reunite at your town’s hot spots and you all talk about how atrocious finals were and how happy you are to be away from that prison. I mean school.
  7. You all get together, and have WAY too much fun doing pointless nonsense.
  8. You get into your home bed for the first time in weeks and think about how late you are going to sleep the next day.
  9. SURPRISE. Everyone in your family is loud af the next morning because they have work/school, and you just can’t seem to understand when the world stopped revolving around you and people were quiet. 6:30 am wake-up-call it is.
  10. After the first few days of being home and doing absolutely nothing, you remind yourself IT’S CHRISTMAS EVE. Hallelujah.
  11. You spend Christmas Eve just how you always did, and as you drive to your X-mas Eve destination you know that it is going to be just as fun (if not better) than last year’s.
  12. New Year’s Eve is filled with fun times with friends and family, but you begin to imagine all of the stuff you need to accomplish in the year ahead of you. Yikes.
  13. New Years Day arrives and you feel like a new person. You have your resolution in order and you take on each day (more like the next 2) with confidence that your resolution will never die out.
  14. You quickly realize that you’re over your resolution…nobody got time for that.
  15.  After New Years Eve/Day ends you get bored. Real bored.
  16. You feel like you went to the gym for the entire day because it took so long, but you realize you only wasted an hour.
  17. You look at social media and envy your friends that went to the Bahamas for the holidays or are skiing in Colorado, and you begin to feel like your life sucks.
  18. You finally text one of your family members and force them to hangout with you.
  19. You work a few days because you realize that you are V broke…
  20. However you usually end up spending all of your earnings planning Spring Break or on food or something.
  21. All of your friends from home begin to go back to school, and you are once again stuck alone.
  22. You fight with your siblings again on the reg, something you definitely did not miss doing while you were away to school.
  23. You force yourself to do remote activities such as watch movies and Netflix, and you remember that the only thing you accomplished over break was finishing the entire Gossip Girl series.
  24. The night before you return to school FINALLY approaches, and you text all of your roomies and friends from school saying how excited you are to be back.
  25. You return and unpack all of your belongings yet again, and celebrate because IT’S SYLLABUS WEEK!
Hey ladies! I'm Alyssa Vicari, a loyal Long Islander from Fairfield's class of 2018. I am a sophomore finance major and marketing minor who loves everything about the fall and everything about coffee. When I'm not studying or writing for HC, you can probably find me at the beach, the mall, watching Netflix, or doing any other thing that #basic college girls enjoy. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @alyssavicari !
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant