Wellness

Why You Need a Diffuser for Your Dormroom ASAP

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We have just made it to the end of the first month of the semester, which could mean that our mental and physical health might be starting to take the backburner for some of us. If this seems to be the case, treat yourself to an essential oil diffuser and try to take a step back from the stress and relax! 

There are so many advantages to using an essential oil diffuser, here are just a few:

1.Stress relief.

With COVID and school work starting to pick up, these times can get very stressful. Essential oils have been shown to reduce stress and anxiety.

2.Improved Sleep.

Diffusers help you fall asleep quicker and have a more restful sleep. Sleep is so important for our health, and as college students, we can rarely get in our 8 hours of sleep every night, so it is important to make the hours that we do get count! 

3.Boosts your immune system.

Diffusers open your airways and make breathing easier. Perfect if you feel a cold coming or are just run down after a busy week!

4.They smell good.

You can choose from a variety of essential oils, each with a comforting smell and a list of benefits. Some types include lavender, peppermint, rosemary, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus!

5.They improve memory and focus.

Studies have shown that essential oils improve memory and focus, something students are in great need of! So many times, we find ourselves getting distracted and frustrated while studying, so why not try plugging in your diffuser and seeing if that helps!

Self-care is so important now more than ever. So invest in an essential oil diffuser and try to take the much needed time to relax!

I am a Junior Marketing Major with a concentration in digital and social media marketing and a Finance minor at Fairfield University. I am a creative, driven, and hardworking individual who loves fashion and beauty.
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.