This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Hey, Collegiettes! Today’s topic is going to be about blue light glasses: why you need them, how they work, and what they’ve done for us! After this, you’ll be looking them up on Amazon so fast you’ll get them before spring break! 

So lately we have seen a major increase in the number of people, not only wearing blue light glasses but talking about them. You can even go as far as to get prescription ones, too! So what do they do? They basically block the bad lights from your favorite devices, like your phone and laptop, and leave you seeing the unaltered screen! 

Blue light is bad for you, especially before you go to sleep because they can keep up brain function when your brain should be resting. They are also harmful to your eyes, which is why more young people need glasses at younger ages. 

I personally do not need glasses, but I constantly wear my blue light ones. As a college student constantly on her laptop and working full time from her phone, let’s just say by the end of the day, if I don’t wear my glasses, I get a massive migraine. I have noticed such a difference since I started wearing these in the summer; my migraines are few and far between, and I sleep much better at night! 

They also are super cheap-I got my pair for $25 off of amazon. They can be a great gift to a friend who’s constantly using technology, and for yourself! Plus, as college girls on a budget, they are super cheap and affordable. Most eyewear places now also include the option to have blue light lenses put into your prescription glasses too, so if you wear glasses, then you can still actually see as well. 

We can’t say enough good things about glasses like these and the importance of them, especially in today’s world. We are surrounded by LED and technology, it’s no wonder these glasses have made such a huge stride! We will you get yours?

Erica Salisbury

Fairfield '22

Erica is a Senior at Fairfield University majoring in Accounting with a minor in Digital Journalism. She has always loved fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, and is so excited to be a part of Her Campus again at Fairfield! She cannot wait to see all the things in store for her during her last year at Fairfield, especially with being involved in Her Campus.
I am a Junior Marketing Major with a concentration in digital and social media marketing and a Finance minor at Fairfield University. I am a creative, driven, and hardworking individual who loves fashion and beauty.