Why We Have A Love/Hate Relationship With The Grape

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

I couldn’t wait to turn 21. Cursed (or blessed) with a late summer birthday, I was forced to watch my friends Uber to the bar while I lived my sad 20-year-old junior life at the townhouses. Now that I’m a senior and finally a legal adult, I live for the weekends at the bar. But like any new relationship, the honeymoon phase only lasts so long. While there are a million reasons to hate it, I will always have a soft spot for my weekends (and Tuesdays and Thursdays) at The Sea Grape.

It’s a dance party with all your closest friends

Until all the random SHU and Bridgeport students show up

Mind erasers, definition of a love/hate relationship

I often sit at the bar thinking I will graduate before even ordering a drink… 

But get to talk to people that I normally don’t see

Two-dollar Tuesdays are by far the best night of the week

…until you wake up on Wednesday morning 

That $5 cover on the weekend…

No one has any clue what’s in the house shots

But they’re delicious (and cheap!)

Despite its flaws, The Sea Grape will always be a staple in the lives of Fairfield University students. We hate to love ya! 

Karolina is a senior at Fairfield University with a major in Communications and a minor in Professional Writing. A newly appointed style editor this year, she has a passion for all things beauty and fashion. Follow her on instagram @kaphrodite!
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.