Why We Can’t Wait For Spring Time At Fairfield

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Did someone say spring?! We are half way through one of the coldest months of the year and the idea of spring coming is getting us all antsy. Brighter colors, sunnier days, and ice cream—how can it get better than that? Plus, summer is just steps behind. The spring season holds a lot of excitement for all of us at Fairfield Here are just a couple of reasons why we cannot wait for winter to go away:

1.     Warmer weather

We just want the snow to melt, the clouds to go away, and to finally feel the sun beating down on us with a slight breeze. We are one step closer until we can finally get in those bikinis and be on the beach.

2.     Flowers in bloom on campus

Though our campus is beautiful through every season, I would argue it is the prettiest in the spring when all the flowers, trees, and plants are in full bloom. Perfect for that Instagram you have been waiting for!

3.     People hanging outside

We do not have to be holed up in our rooms anymore! We can finally enjoy the fresh air. Our campus really comes alive when people are out and about playing games, laying out doing homework, and soaking up the feeling that is spring.

4.     Pastels

Stepping away from the blacks, dark purples, burgundy, and navy…pastels are the epitome of spring. We are getting a little bit lighter until we can finally wear white again! Nail polish, flowers, rompers and pants. Rock those pastels ladies!

5.     Spring Break

Umm, do I even need to explain…? Whether you are going away or just kicking it back at home, you finally get a break from all the crazy work of the semester while spending time with family and friends.

6.     Point Days

One of the best things about Fairfield is our point days! Days spent on the beach with your squad in sundresses, rompers, shorts, crop tops and open toed shoes. What could possibly get better than that? I’ll cheers to that.

7.     Putting away that parka

See ya next year! Hello tanks and shorter skirts. 

Adriana is currently a second semester senior at Fairfield University. She is majoring in Communication and English with a concentration in creative writing as well as a double minor in marketing and women, gender and sexuality studies.              
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.