Why Thigh Brows Need to Go Out of Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Just when we thought body fads couldn’t get any more ridiculous, they did. Move over thigh gaps, the newest trend, thigh brows, is taking your place.

Instead of sporting overly slim legs, this trend exemplifies the importance of having rolls of skin peak out over the top of your thighs when wearing a highly cut bathing suit or underwear. Celebrities like Beyoncé, Khloé Kardashian, and Nicki Minaj have all been spotted exhibiting this trend on their Instagram accounts.

If there is one thing that can be agreed upon, it is how unbelievably unnatural this trend is. Anyone can fake this look by sitting on their knees in a high cut bikini, but unless everyone began walking around in bathing suits and high cut bodysuits, there is absolutely no way to express this trend other than in photos. Which with this fad might be a good thing. Even though some social media outlets are praising the trend for catering towards curvier women, it still glorifies one body type over another. Any “trend” that tells women what to do with their bodies should never be considered positive.

Just like curvier women cannot achieve the “perfect” thigh gap, thinner girls will never be able to duplicate the ideal thigh brow. Similar to the thigh gap, unless you have the right anatomy for your skin to fold in a certain way, you won’t be able to duplicate Beyoncé or Khloé’s exact look.

Instead of jumping on the next trend of how women’s bodies should be, why don’t we just fully embrace the bodies we have? Instead of giving names to these specific features of our bodies, why don’t we just idolize everyone’s physical individuality?

Bottom line, no one needs to have “thigh brows” to be considered attractive or desirable. Every BODY is unique.

All photos came from:http://www.papermag.com/2015/09/thigh_gaps_are_out_thigh_brows.php

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.