13920866 1131850880206892 3712184074386766249 n?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
13920866 1131850880206892 3712184074386766249 n?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

Why It’s Important to Start Using Anti-Aging Products NOW

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Hi Collegiettes! We have a very important topic we want to discuss today: the importance of anti-aging products! Now I know what you’re thinking, ‘I’m young! I don’t need to worry about that stuff right now.’ Well, that couldn’t be more wrong! 

Your twenties are actually the BEST years to start using products that prevent aging! The beginning of your twenties is actually when your skin starts to lose its elasticity and when the beginning stages of aging begin. Preventative care is the best type of care, and I don’t know about you, but I’d much rather prevent wrinkles right now than try to fix and fill them when I’m in my fifties! 

The sooner you start to use products with anti-aging properties, the less likely you are to develop wrinkles and lines. One other thing you should be using every day on your face is sunscreen too which will prevent aging and sun damage.

Photo by Eloise Ambursley from Unsplash

At the very least, Collegiettes, you should have a solid skincare routine that you follow both morning and night. Like I’ve said before, the absolute worst thing you can do is sleep in your makeup! Start to incorporate a few staple anti-aging products, like a night cream, eye cream, or a serum, and your skin will start to thank you and begin to feel even more elastic and hydrated. 

I have been using anti-aging hair care products for over a year now, and it has been a game changer! I started to use the skincare about five months ago and I can tell the huge difference it’s already made in my skin, hair, and overall health. Investing in your skin and hair is so important, as well as learning what ingredients are good for you! It takes 26 seconds for any products you put onto your skin and scalp to be absorbed into your bloodstream, so make sure you’re using ones that are good for you too. 

It’s weird to think that at 20 years old, we need to start using age-prevention products. I know and I get it, but we only get one face, so we have to make sure that it lasts! There’re so many different anti-aging products out there now, so have fun trying them out! I’m so glad I did. 

Erica Salisbury

Fairfield '22

Erica is a Senior at Fairfield University majoring in Accounting with a minor in Digital Journalism. She has always loved fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, and is so excited to be a part of Her Campus again at Fairfield! She cannot wait to see all the things in store for her during her last year at Fairfield, especially with being involved in Her Campus.
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.