This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Ladies, it doesn’t matter if you’re into scary movies or not. ~Happy Death Day~ is getting a sequel, and here is what you can expect. If you haven’t seen Happy Death Day, which came out in 2017, here is a quick run-down of what you missed.  

This movie follows the story of Tree Gelbman, played by Jessica Rothe, a college girl who is pretty much living a much scarier version of the movie Groundhog Day. She keeps reliving her birthday over and over again, and every day she ends up being murdered by her own personal stalker. Talk about a fun birthday, am I right? Anyways, she ultimately has to figure out how to stay alive as well as who the psycho in the creepy mask is.

Happy Death Day 2U brings us back to Tree reliving the same day, her birthday, but with an even more death-filled twist. Spoiler alert, she gets murdered again #vibes. Let me tell you, this time she’s not the only target. The murderous psycho is also killing all of her friends. In order to stop the cycle this time, they have to figure out how to fix the machine that Tree’s nerdy friend created that put them in this mess. It will put Tree in a position where she has to make a tough decision, one that could potentially cost her her budding relationship with her love interest, Carter (insert heart eyes emoji).

Unfortunately, it is hard to recreate a movie that is all about a day repeating itself. Unless you really liked the OG movie and can’t help but go back for more, then this may not be the horror film for you. If you were a fan of Tree and want to see what other ways she can get her throat slashed, then this is definitely the film for you.

Happy ~Death Day~ Collegiettes!

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com