We’re in for a Crazy Season with Hannah B as The Bachelorette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

During ~The Bachelor~ season finale, we finally learned who the next Bachelorette will be! Whether you loved her or hated her, Hannah Brown from Colton’s season is the Bachelorette we’ve been waiting for. Her season kicked off on Saturday, March 16 when she met her 30 suitors in the Bachelor mansion, and we cannot wait for it to premiere on May 13th!  Judging from her time meeting 5 of her suitors on the season finale of The Bachelor, Bachelor Nation should expect the unexpected from the quirky, fun-loving, and slightly awkward Hannah B.

Based on her time on Colton’s season, we’re in for quite the show with Alabama Hannah. Whether it was her rocky past with Caelynn or her infamous awkwardness on her one-on-one with Colton, Hannah B. always made for exciting TV. Also, Hannah was always willing to go all-in for love. Hannah came on ~The Bachelor~ with the best intentions; she was genuine and truly there to find love. Her quirky personality and willingness to wear her heart on her sleeve makes the Bachelor Nation root for her to find her perfect man.

ABC exec Rob Mills revealed to The Hollywood Reporter that Hannah B was a standout choice for the next season of The Bachelorette. He says, “Part of it was that she thought she was the dark horse, so she came in and had nothing to lose, saying, ‘I don’t know, I’m just going to be myself.’ There was just something different we hadn’t seen in a Bachelorette before…When she had her intro video for The Bachelor and she said, ‘I’m Hannah—all aboard the hot mess express!’, you think that’s probably just shtick. And then we figured out, no that’s actually true.”

Hannah B.’s season will no doubt be filled with cringes, laughs, and a happy ending our girl deserves. Don’t forget to follow all the drama when The Bachelorette airs on May 13th, Collegiettes!

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com