This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

How lucky are we to be going to school in New England during the fall? As we know the autumn season is ~officially~ upon us, so we need to take full advantage of what Connecticut has to offer for the ultimate fall weekend!

Silverman’s Farm (Easton, CT)

Silverman’s Farm, located in Easton, is only 15 minutes away from campus! Whether you spend the day here apple picking, pumpkin picking, or just stopping by for your next Instagram photoshoot, you’re definitely going to enjoy your time here!

Haunted Graveyard at Lake Compounce (Bristol, CT)

Interested in something a little more ~spooky~? Visit Lake Compounce and take a walk through their annual Haunted Graveyard open now until November 2nd! The theme park is literally transformed into a ghost town for the fall season, but if scary isn’t your thing, definitely check out some of their thrilling rides!

Jones Family Farm (Shelton, CT)

Jones Farm (aka Pumpkin Seed Hill) is perfect for a blustery fall day! While visiting, you can pick pumpkins, go on a hayride, or even find your way out of a corn maze! After all of the fun activities, head across the street and relax at their beautiful winery, if you’re 21 of course!

Ferris Acres Creamery (Newtown, CT)

Ferris Acres is hands-down one of the best creameries in Connecticut! Enjoy a cool afternoon of eating ice cream and enjoying the fall foliage in beautiful Newtown, CT! But hurry there soon, Ferris Acres will be closing for the season on October 30th! The ice cream is definitely worth the trip up there, we promise!

Legends of Fear Haunted Hayride and Trail at Fairview Tree Farm (Shelton, CT)

Sit back and enjoy the terror on a haunted hayride! If you have never been on one before, this is a fall activity we definitely recommend! The drive goes through a trail in the actual woods with actors dressed up to climb on the hayride and make you scream!

Lyman Orchards (Middlefield, CT)

The Lyman Orchards has so much to offer for the perfect fall day! The main stops to make are: apple and pumpkin picking, going through the corn and sunflower mazes, and then making a stop at their store, The Apple Barrel. BTW, Lyman Orchards has the ~BEST~ apple cider and doughnuts, so make sure you get enough to take home!

If you follow this list, we be-LEAF you will have a wonderful time this year! Happy Fall, Collegiettes!

Lauren is a Connecticut native currently majoring in Marketing and Public Relations at Fairfield University. Her interests include spending time with friends, going to the gym, cooking, baking, and pumpkin spice everything! When she is not writing for Her Campus, she is probably spending time with her two dogs Lily & Daisy!
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.